In general for shipping:
- On any given shipping day, we ship orders that were received on or before 10pm the night before. If for any reason we cannot ship your order in a timely fashion, we will get in touch with you via email.
- We STRONGLY recommend that you provide a commercial shipping address where a person is guaranteed to be present to receive your chocolates to minimize the risk of exposure to heat or freezing in inclement weather.
- We cannot deliver to a PO Box.
As the winter holidays near, UPS takes longer than average to ship packages via UPS Ground - this shipping method is NEVER guaranteed in terms of timing of arrival. If you need a specific arrival date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a shipping estimate for cost and timing.
UPS does NOT ship regular Ground packages on Saturdays and Sundays. For example, if you place your order on a Friday, it will not ship until Monday.
December 18th is the last day to ship via 3 Day Select to arrive by Christmas. December 20th is the last day to ship via 2 Day Air and/or Next Day Air to arrive before Christmas.
Veruca Chocolates cannot be responsible for delays caused by UPS. We ship via the method that UPS advises for the current season, holiday and weather.
- During warm weather months (or periods of unseasonable heat year-round), we take additional precautions to protect your chocolates in transit, which include an insulated box, filler and ice packs. Shipments requiring insulation and ice can ONLY be shipped in 2 days or less, and shipments requiring these measures increase exponentially in cost - the larger, insulated box and ice add a lot of size and weight to the box, incurring larger charges from UPS.
- If your chocolates are delivered within the 2 Day Air window but then are left unattended for more than a couple of hours, we cannot be responsible for melting in hot weather.
- This is what we're trying to prevent:
GENERAL/COOL WEATHER SHIPPING
In general, we ship orders going to destinations outside of IL on Mondays through Wednesdays, always in order to get chocolates to their destination before the weekend, so that chocolates do not spend the weekend in non-temperature controlled UPS warehouses. Shipments going throughout IL will be shipped Mondays - Thursdays, for arrival the next day. This means that if you place your order at 10pm Wednesday evening, and it's destination is anywhere outside of IL, we will not ship the package until the following Monday.
Returned shipments and/or damaged goods
- If your chocolates arrive late or damaged, email us a description of the problem, with photos of the chocolates and the shipping box(es) WITHIN 3 DAYS of receipt of your order. After that time, we consider an order fully accepted. If the fault lies with the shipping process, we will be happy to file a claim on your behalf for a refund of all or part of your shipping cost. If the address supplied to us was incorrect, you will be responsible for the cost of re-shipping, and potentially for the cost of replacing the chocolates, if they were damaged in the process. Since these occurrences are rare, each is handled on a case-by-case basis.
Thank you so much for your interest in Veruca Chocolates. We are thrilled at the opportunity to serve you. All of our luxury chocolate creations are handmade at our boutique chocolate workshop in Chicago, Illinois and are available for nationwide shipping. Shipping chocolate requires special care to ensure that your orders arrive in perfect condition, so we ask that you review our shipping information before finalizing your order and contact us with any questions or concerns.