In general for shipping:
- On any given shipping day, we ship orders that were received on or before 10pm the night before. If for any reason we cannot ship your order in a timely fashion, we will get in touch with you via email.
- We STRONGLY recommend that you provide a commercial shipping address where a person is guaranteed to be present to receive your chocolates to minimize the risk of exposure to heat or freezing in inclement weather.
- We cannot deliver to a PO Box.
GENERAL/COOL WEATHER SHIPPING
In general, we ship orders going to destinations outside of IL on Mondays through Wednesdays, always in order to get chocolates to their destination before the weekend, so that chocolates do not spend the weekend in non-temperature controlled UPS warehouses. Shipments going throughout IL will be shipped Mondays - Thursdays, for arrival the next day. This means that if you place your order at 10pm Wednesday evening, and it's destination is anywhere outside of IL, we will not ship the package until the following Monday.
SUMMER SHIPPING IS STILL IN EFFECT FOR PARTS OF THE U.S.
- For chocolates being shipped to warm weather destinations, and in order to ensure that your chocolates are not damaged or melted during shipment, we do not allow more than 2 days of transit time. In this situation, we will ship via UPS Ground only if your order will reach you within 2 days, per the guidelines provided by UPS. If your shipping destination is outside of this 2 day ground transit zone, your package will be shipped via UPS 2 Day Air.
- During warm weather months (or periods of unseasonable heat year-round), we take additional precautions to protect your chocolates in transit, to include an insulated box, filler and ice packs. Shipments requiring insulation and ice can ONLY be shipped in 2 days or less, and shipments requiring these measures increase exponentially in cost - the larger, insulated box and ice add a lot of size and weight to the box, incurring larger charges from UPS.
- This is what we're trying to prevent:
Returned shipments and/or damaged goods
- If your chocolates arrive late or damaged, please let us know as soon as possible, and take photos of the exterior of the shipping box. If the fault lies with the shipping process, we will be happy to file a claim on your behalf for a refund of all or part of your shipping cost. If the address supplied to us was incorrect, you will be responsible for the cost of re-shipping, and potentially for the cost of replacing the chocolates, if they were damaged in the process. Since these occurrences are rare, each is handled on a case-by-case basis.
Thank you so much for your interest in Veruca Chocolates. We are thrilled at the opportunity to serve you. All of our luxury chocolate creations are handmade at our boutique chocolate workshop in Chicago, Illinois and are available for nationwide shipping. Shipping chocolate requires special care to ensure that your orders arrive in perfect condition, so we ask that you review our shipping information before finalizing your order and contact us with any questions or concerns.