General Shipping Timing:
In general, we ship orders going to IL and the surrounding states Mondays - Thursdays, for arrival the next day. For destinations outside the midwest, we ship on Mondays through Wednesdays only - it is necessary to get chocolates to their destination before the weekend, so the packages do not spend the weekend in non-temperature controlled UPS warehouses. This means that if you place your order Wednesday afternoon or evening, and it's destination is anywhere outside of IL/midwest states, we will not ship the package until the following Monday.
Returned shipments and/or damaged goods:
- If your chocolates arrive late or damaged, email us a description of the problem, with photos of the chocolates and the shipping box(es) WITHIN 3 DAYS of receipt of your order. After that time, we consider an order fully accepted. If the fault lies with the shipping process, we will be happy to file a claim on your behalf for a refund of all or part of your shipping cost.
-If the address supplied to us was incorrect, you will be responsible for the cost of re-shipping, and potentially for the cost of replacing the chocolates, if they were damaged in the process.
- We do our best to ship orders out the same day they are received, if we are unable to do so the orders will ship the next available business day. If for any reason we cannot ship your order in a timely fashion, we will get in touch with you via email. We do not ship on any major U.S. holiday.
- When possible, we recommend that you provide a shipping address where a person is guaranteed to be present to receive your chocolates to minimize the risk of exposure to inclement weather.
- We cannot deliver to a PO Box.
- We do not have same day delivery.
- During warm weather months (this means over 70 degrees anywhere along the route to the destination), we take additional precautions to protect your chocolates in transit, which includes an insulated box, filler and ice packs. Shipments requiring insulation and ice can ONLY be shipped in 2 days or less, so destinations farther than 2 days in shipping require 2nd day air transport plus insulation and these measures increase exponentially in cost - the larger, insulated box and ice add a lot of size and weight to the box, incurring larger charges from UPS. THESE SURCHARGES ARE PART OF YOUR INCREASED SHIPPING FEE DURING WARM WEATHER MONTHS AND ARE ALREADY INCLUDED.
- If your chocolates are delivered within the 2 Day Air window but then are left unattended for more than a couple of hours, we cannot be responsible for melting in hot weather.
Thank you so much for your interest in Veruca Chocolates. We are thrilled at the opportunity to serve you. All of our luxury chocolate creations are handmade at our boutique chocolate workshop in Chicago, Illinois and are available for nationwide shipping. Shipping chocolate requires special care to ensure that your orders arrive in perfect condition, so we ask that you review our shipping information before finalizing your order and contact us with any questions or concerns.