Giving Thanks For Fabulous Chocolate, Family, Friends & Fashion
Let’s face it: Thanksgiving is the best holiday, bar none. The combination of family traditions (Sticky buns on Thanksgiving morning? Yes, please.), fall wardrobe faves (knee boots should have their own holiday as far as we’re concerned), and the kickoff to holiday shopping season can’t be beat.
Everything we do reflects the time of year in which we find ourselves. Our color palette here at Veruca Chocolates shifts to gold, silver, orange and dark reds during the fall. Our flavors tend toward warm, spicy and rich. In that spirit, here are some ideas to make your Thanksgiving even sweeter this year, Veruca-style.
Better To Give Or Receive? How About Both?
For us, chocolate should be a part of any celebration. Here are six different ways we incorporate it into our Thanksgiving rituals:
- Spoon, Fork, Knife…Pumpkin Caramel: Work a three-pack of our Pumpkin Caramel Turtles into each place setting. Guests may enjoy this unexpected treat immediately. Turkey not quite finished? This table favor will buy you some time or can be slipped into a purse for delayed gratification.
- Get the Party Started: Greet guests with a hot cider cocktail and a tray of our Gingerbread Caramels. Nothing says holiday like the rich, nostalgia-inducing flavor of gingerbread.
- Not Your Mother’s Cheese Tray: When planning your cheese tray, add diversity and depth with the bittersweet flavor of our 64-percent dark chocolate, sea salt-studded Veruca Tiles. It’s a minimally sweet chocolate with spice notes that will enhance the bolder cheeses offered.
- A Perfect Ending: The long-anticipated Thanksgiving meal finished, serve small plates of burnt caramel, espresso and sea salt-flavored Bonbons alongside coffee or port.
- Don’t Forget The “Leftovers”: Let your guests savor the memory of a wonderful night by gifting them with two- or four-piece favor boxes filled with Assorted Flavor Bonbons or Sea Salt Caramels.
- The Ultimate Thank You: If you’re a guest at another’s table this Thanksgiving, bestow one of our new gift boxes on the host: the Ultimate Chocolate Gift Tower. It’s a four-layer tower filled with Bonbons, Pumpkin Turtles, Champagne Truffles and Sea Salt Caramel. Host gifts are hugely appreciated and are well earned when said host has worked for days to make the holiday memorable.
WARNING!: Do one or all of these things and you’ll likely be expected to host Thanksgiving annually.